Saturday, April 17, 2021

Tales Of The Macabre


The Banshee

 

In that frightening night - Oh that dark hellish night

Distant sounds were heard ever closer- closer

An unearthly screeching shrill ever closer

It was she - The Banshee!

For whom did she cry? Angeline to die?

For she was not well but yet we could tell

Now’s not the time for the funeral knell

We plead to the phantom here not to dwell!

Please be gone! Do not linger! Stop that bell!

But all for naught - the banshee chose her lot

 

A bitter winters’ morn sunrise

As the wispy mists make their rise

I lost that morn my hearts queen 

My beloved Angeline

With the Banshee call how I lost it all

Through Deaths horrid locked door

She travels evermore

What can I do?

I have no tool to break it through

I feel a fool

 

Without fair gamble nor roll of dice

I lost my wife it cuts like a knife

My beloved is gone my heart left as ice

The cut cruelly clean I lost my Angeline

This cold winters morn my sorrow was born

A hopeful bird proudly sings but I only feel the sting

Of my lost Angeline

The scream of the wraith will leave me no trace

Of the beautiful music once ours now purged

And turned to a dirge.

 

A sudden cry - Beware!

It harkens of despair

If you hear the Banshee near

Hold your loved one close and dear

For when the Banshee wails

Be forewarned all hope fails

Heartbreak brews the troubled news

                                 The Banshee cries - someone dies

She comes for you she comes for me

We cannot change our destiny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinion

Tales Of The Macabre

  4 Months went by and without no inexplicable or frightening occurrences happening, the witch stories slowly dissipated. That is, until t...